Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ephesians 3:20 List

Throughout my life, the Lord has spoken to my heart through Ephesians 3:20, "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us". In all the big turning points in my life, my Lord has done exceedingly abundantly above all I could have asked or even thought of for myself. He brought me my husband, who is so wonderful and perfect for me, from a place I never would have been looking, nor would I have thought to look. He gave us a perfect baby girl and fulfilled my deep desire to be a mommy, and He has given me the blessing of getting to stay home with her and enjoy her to the fullest. Now, He has given us a house. We've been living in my 720 sq. ft. apartment that I leased before Andrew and I were even engaged. We've struggled financially since we were married and we haven't been able to move out of this small apartment. When Bobbie was born, we got even more cramped in the space and just didn't know how we would get out of here into something big enough for us, that we could afford. We didn't dream very much bigger than a 2 bedroom apartment in Escondido (since Esco seems to have the cheapest rent around here) and I spent weeks calling around and putting our name on many low income housing waiting lists, only to hear over and over again, that their lists were all at least 2 years long. All we could do was put our name on the list in faith and pray we would be called soon. We have a little dog, Coda, who we love and as we were searching for subsidized housing, we realized that a lot of the properties don't allow pets in the low income apartments. We considered giving our dog away, but we just felt like that wasn't the right move and we just needed to wait. Also, when I was looking at apartments, Andrew really wanted us to find one that had washers and dryers in the units. I've been carrying all of our laundry down to the laundry room in our complex 2 or 3 times a week spending at least $20 a week in quarters and its just hard. Its heavy and annoying, and also expensive, but finding an apartment with washers and dryers isn't easy around here and even when I did find one, the rent was too expensive for us.

So my wish list for a home was 2 bedroom apartment, downstairs (so maybe there would be a bigger patio area the dog could go out and enjoy) with a washer and dryer in the unit, and not more than $1000 per month. We were taking a step of faith to even pay that if we would have found something at that price. I searched Craigslist weekly and prayed the Lord would have our name come up on some list. We had found an apartment complex with all of our wish list items in San Marcos very close to Andrew's work. We were on their waiting list and I called them every month to see if they had a unit available. I always got the same answer, no.

Finding out about the house possibility through Habitat for Humanity was the first of a very long list of "exceeding abundant" parts of God's blessing on our family. As we have gone through this process over the last 2 months or so, we have seen so many of those "exceeding abundant" details and feel continuously blessed and know that our God is doing so much more than we could have asked or even thought.

I am going to start a list of these blessings. I'm going to call it my Ephesians 3:20 list. I'll make it on the left side of my blog. Every once in a while glance at it and see if there are any new ones. :) I know the Lord will never finish pouring out blessings.

To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment