Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Finished! 0 Hours To Go!!

Today we completed our 500 sweat equity hours!!

Yesterday, Andrew and I worked in the morning and filled all the Post-Tension holes in our foundation.
Our foundation is a Post-Tension slab with steel rods running through the concrete to make it stronger and less likely to crack. When the foundation was poured, the holes where the rods run through, were left open and we had to fill them with high pressure concrete.






When we arrived this morning, we only had 10 hours to complete. Andrew could only stay for the morning and I was going to stay the whole day. We started together by finishing our fence. There were 4 or 5 boards that were missing and needing to be installed to finish the fence so we nailed all those into place and I painted it in the afternoon.

Completed Fence....Looks Good!

After we finished the fence, we installed our mini blinds. We had to install two sets in the living room and one set in the dining room. 

My studdly man getting the window ready for blinds


Dining Room installed (bad lighting)

Living Room (large window)

Living Room (small window)

Andrew had to leave after these were done and I went to lunch and took a break. When I came back, I painted the fence and then got to work installing the final set of blinds in our stairwell. It was a little tricky doing it by myself and being up on a ladder in the stairwell, but I got it done.

Stairwell blinds

I spent the last 45 minutes or so, cleaning up. 
Over the last month and a half of working on our sweat equity, we had accumulated a lot of tools and things in that house and I wanted to put everything back and leave the house empty and clean for the inspectors tomorrow. The building inspection happens tomorrow and it is the final inspection. If the house passes, the house will earn the Certificate of Occupancy and we can give our 30 day notice and begin the escrow process. I hear we will have LOTS of paperwork to sign. 
We should find out tomorrow or Friday if the house passed and if we can give our 30 day notice. 
I pray everything goes smoothly and that we would even be able to begin to move in before our 30 days is up in this apartment!






No comments:

Post a Comment